50 shades of grey

Thursday 8 November 2012


Metallic bathroom suite image from pinterest.com and Jessica Alba in grey from denimology.com


I'm a self confessed grey fanatic.  Having had my colours done and being a Winter, grey is definately in my colour palette and it is my go-to for neutral shades.

Actually this post was mainly inspired by my love of metallics - silver in particular!  I recently held a style workshop and I loved how the metallics were quite 'uplifting' and complimentary against skin tones of all ages and also how they give and reflect light in an interior situation so without further ado - here's my tribute to the power of grey and the many shades it offers particularly metallics.



Mirrors in a grey-beige interior - image by trinketsandtreasures.wordpress.com




A dark bathroom has an injection of light with mirrored tiles.  Image by houzz.com



Egyptian lampshades have intricately punched holes to bounce light.  Image by trendir.com




Alwych wallpaper in grey gives a busy print a calming vibe in a room. Image by pinterest.com



Kitchen Aid mixer image by pinterest.com and body jewellery by topshop.com


Embellishing a kitchen or your outfit with metallic accessories can really add a hit of light and interest.  






Armour rings and metallic nail polish adds a touch of edginess and cool - try it with an all black outfit



Lighting up a dark space.  Stair image by inspirationforhome.com and interior pic by indulgy.com


An all grey outfit is very chic and elongates your frame.  Check out these celebs below working the grey.




Kim K goes grey. Image by celeb.buzz.com



Victoria Beckham.  Image by cultureofcute.com



Image by sugarscape.com


Ashley Tisdale dons a grey ensemble and she looks taller than usual - great use of monochromatic tones.  I love the pairing with the bright red tote!




Image by refinery29.com


Grey is a chic option and a nice alternative to black and when worn head to toe it elongates your frame and creates an edgy but soft vibe.  Grey in the home is calming and comfortable and when a metallic is thrown in the mix - even if it just a mirror it will reflect light and add a bit of luminescence and opulence to any room.

I am actually reading 50 shades of grey this Summer (slow I know!) but I've been told it has nothing to do with grey clothing or interiors (haha!)

To end - here's a project that has taken my fancy :)



Candlestick apothecary jars.  Check out the DIY tutorial here


Mere and I will be travelling to Malaysia very soon so expect to see some amazing blog posts from our travels!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground